Vision for Wroughton, a community based group based in Swindon, requested EMB Consulting's support in finalising their Community Strategic Action Plan.
When EMB was asked to support the group they had already carried out significant research into the needs of their community and had identified strategic actions for a large number of the themes in their plan. What they needed was advice and support from a consultant to provide cohesion to the plan and help research areas where there were gaps.
EMB worked alongside the organisation to:
- Identify the key components of the community strategic action plan
- Carry out a gap analysis to identify parts of the plan that were strong and those parts that required further work
- Develop a template for the various sub groups to collate information in a co-ordinated manner
- Carry out further research particularly in relation to the economic development parts of the plan; and
- Develop the draft plan itself.
"In the brief period that the ‘Vision for Wroughton’ group worked with Liz (EMB Consulting) she blended together the notes, ideas and
public documents we had compiled into a cogent, structured and professional document worthy of being ‘The Community Strategic Action
Plan for Wroughton’. She encouraged us to research areas where we were weak and carried out research for us in certain areas where we
Furthermore she hit every deadline on the nail! Thanks for being part of the team Liz."
Pete Wilcox, Chair of "Vision for Wroughton"