Liz Byrne worked with the South West Regional Development Agency (RDA) over a number of years as part of the skills team to help support and manage a range of services, projects and initiatives.
- Analysing the feasibility of the regional 'spoke' for the National Skills Academy - Manufacturing and engagement with regional and national partners to ensure that the spoke was 'fit for purpose' in the South West. The regional spoke is now fully operational
- Representing the Agency in regional fora for sector based National Skills Academies
- Developing a regional response to Sector Skills Agreements through the Sector Operations Group
- Supporting the review of the region's Sector Operations Group and making recommendations on its next phase to the South West Regional Skills Partnership
- Carrying out project appraisals on behalf of the Agency; and
- Reviewing the extent to which skills policy and practice takes account of the needs of employers and learners in rural areas.
"Liz's professionalism, expertise and flair was a real asset to the Team in taking forward sector skills related work. Liz is widely respected, has an extensive knowledge of the skills agenda and is able to provide incisive analysis of the issues."
Adrian Bailey and Claire Edmondson, South West of England Regional Development Agency